Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11/10/12

Hickoids in Dallas at the Doublewide. It took forever to get there. Bad traffic on 35 and a couple of extra stops on the way. Forgive us, it is hard driving by the Czech Stop in West and kolaches make the drive better!

We make it and load in. My favorite thing about this club is it has three different sections. The main bar, outside and the music part. It's nice because the bar can make money on drinkers without having to force them to watch a band they may not want to watch. And it's great for the bands because the people in the music room want to be there! Smart.

The openers were Lois and the Psycho Sidekicks and Graceland. Both did a hell of a job. The Graceland folks had a bunch of matching Orange amps, It looked and sounded really cool.

We played and kicked our usual amount of ass. We had to do some serious hauling of the ass to get home. Scott had a gig at the San Antonio marathon and needed to be there at 6 AM! I did the last half of the drive (after much caffeine) to Austin. We pulled up to Davy's a little after 5. I don't know if Lutz and Smitty made it the rest of the way.

As for me I was still jacked up on the wake up juice when I got home. After a couple of beers I made it to bed around 6:45 and woke up the next day around 3. I was glad I was off...

Breakdown

Two free beers and $2 Lone Stars after that. Not bad

No comments:

Post a Comment