Saturday, November 24, 2012

11/23/12

Hickoids at Fitzgeralds in Houston. This was a reunion show for the Axiom, a Houston club that was way before my time. There were a ton of people out for it. When I pulled up around 10 PM there were a few hundred folks waiting to get in and it was already packed inside. Nice.

This is the first of three nights of a little tour, Houston, New Orleans, and Lafayette. I had to work on Saturday (today) so I made the round trip drive by myself while the other fellas were packed up in the Freak. I was on the road by midnight and in the house and showering by 2:30. I didn't even speed all that much... I'm flying out to NO for the show tonight. I'm fancy.

I went to Houston early to hit Southpaw Guitars, the happiest place in the world, if your a lefty. I was/am looking for a lefty P bass, but they didn't have what I wanted (picky). I did see a really cool Gibson 336 if you have a spare $3200 you want to give me!

Breakdown

There was a backline but the bass amp sounded like crap. It was some fancy tube amp, but it couldn't keep up with the SPL level needed for the Hickoids. A backline is nice, but I wished I was using mine.

In the expansive backstage area there was a cooler of beer, pizza and cookies. I almost felt spoiled.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment