Saturday, September 14, 2013

9/13/13

Hickoids in Ft Worth with the Gringos and The Beaumonts! It was at JJ Blues Bar, a pretty cool place near downtown that neighbors a police training academy. No joke we were smoking in the parking lot when we figured it out...

The fellas wet up early in the freak, I drove solo and got a call from Smitty when I was a little south of West. "Do you have your bass head?" I took it home after the night before to pack it with the crap I need for this weekends trip instead of leaving it in the freak with my cabs... Apparently they were planning on using it... and I didn't know... Oops...

I make it there right after the Beaumonts finished, as in I didn't hear a single note of their set. They break down and I set up my rig for Tubb. Gringos sounded great! Since I was driving (and only having one beer) I stayed outside and listened. I get that weird "nervousy" feeling sometimes when I know I have a few hours behind the wheel ahead of me and there is another band before we play... I just wanna get things moving so i can go.

We get up and do our thing. The soundguy had all of the guitars up LOUD in the monitors. He turned me down after he was "asked" by Jones for the third time. Tom is blasting out of the monitor in front of us, it was making him self conscious about his playing and fucking him up. We finish the tune I ask for it to be turned down and Tom starts yelling "OFF, turn it OFF!"

It was so bad, it sounded like Smitty was playing...

We finish, I packed up my gear, left it on the stage, said goodby and drove home.

Midland tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment