Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9/21/13

Hicks and The Beaumonts at the Triple Crown. San Marcos here I come! We went on around 10:30 to a pretty decent crowd. It's really odd being in a smoking bar nowadays. Another small town anomaly.

I borrowed "Don E. Rosewood's" rig so all I brought was the bass and some cords. Easy in and out. We were in the middle of "Stop It" and Smitty ran out in to the crowd and started wrapping them up in the mic cord. I was ready to jump in to start rubbing my ass on them and then I realized I was using a short cord! If I jumped Don's bass head would have come with me... I'm glad I thought about it for a second.

We wrapped it up and The Beaumonts went on. I watched them kick some ass for five or six tunes then headed back to Austin. I like being the early band.

No comments:

Post a Comment