Friday, September 27, 2013

9/26/13

Last night it was me and the ladies at Club deVille. We got started at half past nine to a semi-decent crowd. The bands played inside, not outside, so we weren't backed up against the cool rock wall behind the stage... My favorite thing about playing there...  At first I was kinda bummed, but the soundguy was really on it and we sounded kinda amazing so I got over it fast.

Small stage so we had to build it back to front. As in lets put all the drums up and decide if there is room for any other crap. There was.. we all fit.

For some reason I thought I was gonna pop a string during the set. I brought a backup guitar to be safe. I popped one but it was in the middle of the solo on the last song. I was pounding away on the low E and it gave out. I yanked on it to get it out of the way and the solid core "jumped" out and right  in to my finger! That's how you get this... Blood on the Tele.

It's amazing how different that guitar sounds with no low string. It looses most of it's grunt and punch and sounds really flimsy. Luckily we only had about 45 seconds left to play so no big deal. I am not looking forward to cleaning up the tele, it's one nasty mess.

We finish up and get off stage and Lost In A World Of Color was up next. They dressed in Jackson Pollack's used drop cloths and were really good. Like shockingly good. I know we have a ton of talent in Austin, but LIAWOC was one of those "Holy shit!" kinda bands. They had the typical two guitars, bass and drums setup and most of the tunes were straight forward sounding, but there was enough Math/Art rock hiding under the surface to make it extra interesting. Great stuff!

I missed the last band (Jamey Simms ) because I am lame and I wanted to head home for the night.

At least I'm honest about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment