Wednesday, October 2, 2013

9/28/13

Hickoids at Hi-Tones in SA. The weather was awful. It was raining so hard on the way down I stopped for a half hour just to get out of the mess. It took two and a half hours to make it to the club, double the normal time. Nasty drive.

The opener flaked out. Smitty had asked me to do a little solo set and I was up for it even though I knew it wouldn't be as fun as playing with the Ladies. I was the last one to the club and when I was loading in Smitty said Hickoids were going to play long, no solo Rice... No big deal. I can play one show and be ok with it.

We played a very loose two and a half hour set straight through. Not in the Springsteen knock them out bam bam bam way, more in the old men bumbling through two and a half hours of music kinda way. It was a pretty good/sloppy set. I'd really prefer two sets with tight (or tighter) spacing between songs. That way the break is all at once and not spaced throughout, three to four minutes at a time... Very annoying. Just this one man's opinion.

We finish, load and head off to the interstate towards home.

The rain was really coming down. I was going thirty miles an hour for long stretches and people were still driving like assholes. I made it to the Buc-ee's at Canyon Lake and filled up. When I finished Lance pulled up next to me. We went inside and grabbed some snacks and looked for a place to hang out. There is zero seating at the Buc-ee's (other than the toilet)... they DON"T want you to stay. You can fill up, take a crap and get some snacks, but then it's time to get the hell out... of Buc-ee's.

I made it back to my truck and drove to a secluded part of the parking lot, got stoned and napped for a bit then I finished the drive home.

Long night.

ACL next!

No comments:

Post a Comment