Saturday, March 2, 2019

3/1/19

Double billin last night in Lafayette. The Swish and the Hick mostly ready to bring it. 

We were at the Freetown Boom Boom Room. And we barely got there before the first band started.  

The traffic was awful along the I-10 corridor. Felt like battle most of the way.  I punched through Houston and Lance took a bad shift in a traffic jam near the TX/LA border. That shit took forever.  

Cool little joint with a nice crowd. Not massive but active!  And they let you bring your drinks outside to the street!!!  Of course there is a police camera on the pole across the street. They let you be free but they want a record if anything goes bad. And they charge bands full price for beer....

We Are The Asteroid  were on second. I thought we had a couple of shows with them this trip but last night was it. Don’t know what I was thinking. They fucking whipped it. No shocker. 

The swish set was ok. I’d been busy climbing a pile of personal bullshit for the last couple of weeks (last year and a half really, but it ratcheted up in a big way these last couple of weeks) so I was way out of practice.  Fortunately I had a little whiskey and beer and it give me the courage to play loud and dumb in my short shorts.  

Hicks were next Cody couldn’t make the first couple of days of this so Tom Rowsey filled in.  He’s been fired twice from the band already so he kinda knows the set.  


Swishin in New Orleans tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment