Saturday, March 30, 2019

3/29/19

Hickoids at the Lost Well last night. It was our 35th anniversary show.... uhhh what?!?!?!  Yup. I honestly can’t remember how long I’ve been in the band. Somewhere in the ten to twelve year range... before I started writing this blog.  

Anyway, typical of me I missed the first band and got there while Mean Motor Scooter was on.  They fucking killed it. Never seen them before and I can’t wait to see them again! They also seemed like a sweet bunch of folks. 

Gringo’s were next. Another fine set of Gringo goodness. 

Then it was us. It was the current lineup, Lance, Cody, Tom, Patrick, Smitty and me. Jacob Schultz played the whole time with us so there were two keyboards and three guitars the whole time!! We were fucking massive. 

Wade Driver got up, Walter Daniels got up. Jonnie Hell (he was the first drummer I played with in the Hickoids!!) and Tommy Rowsey as well. I got to play with ALL of them! 

Lance and I were subbed out for two songs by Hunter Darby and Steve Mccarthy. I had no idea what tunes they were doing until Hunter told me.... “I was hoping to do longer songs to give you guys more of a break!”  I told him I was thrilled I didn’t have to play that fucking Eagles song...


Anyway we ended it with Truck/Donkey, it was a beautiful, drunken love fest. And one hell of a good time.  And  part two is tonight in San Antonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment