Friday, March 29, 2019

3/16/19

Late late!....  oh well. Took a long time to recover from the big festival. Even though I didn’t do that much I kept busy every day. And since I am a very lazy man this is a couple of weeks late!

Swishin at the ‘04 lounge. Ususally this is a gig I look forward to. Hicks (and the ladies/Bantam) have played it a bunch over the years. Generally it’s loads of happy folks having fun with great people working it. I guess half of that is ok?

Bar staff was terrible! Three people working and only one was serving anyone with any regularity. The “non-servers” were acting like they were doing you a huge fucking favor IF they looked your way....  That didn’t mean you were gonna get served but they might look at you. 

It’s the busiest week of the year for bars in Austin, guess they already made enough and said fuck it. 

Anyway we were on after Dinola, I loved their set. They’d played earlier, somewhere in town so they were way warmed up and it showed!

We played the best set we’ve had in a while. I like playing right there on the floor with all the people walking by you.  And some good person waded through the surly bar staffs bullshit and bought me beer!!! He must have gotten it from the one dude who was actually working.  


And that was it. The last day of the big festival. Anniversary shows are next!

No comments:

Post a Comment