Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/11/13

The festival is pummeling downtown. All of 6th street and the surrounding areas are shutdown to cars and parking is $20 in every lot in the neighborhood. I'm sure the trickle down from all of that commerce will find it's way into my pocket... soon?

We got hired to play a private party for a company called Soft Layer. They do web/computery stuff that I don't understand, but they wanted us to play they were happy to pay us! We MADE some money during SXSW! A miracle...

We were in the Treehouse lounge which is above Coyote Ugly. You know that bar that was in NYC and they made a movie out of it and now they are in "party" areas of big cities (like Vegas and Austin...). As awful as CU is Treehouse was the polar opposite. Really cool and friendly staff who appreciated us. Thank you for being human.

I wrote a new song for the ladies and me. Not just chords and words with a melody, I came up with arrangements. First time I've done that with the "new" ladies.  We played it at the party and made it through with very few screw ups. It's a pretty amazing feeling when something you've planned works out. Even at the miniscule level of songwriting for four.

I can be easy to please when things going in the right direction.

Breakdown

On the plus side, we got paid and free booze!!
On the minus, $20 parking, not being able to load gear from the street and $4 pizza for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment