Thursday, March 14, 2013

3/13/13

If you weren't there you missed it. My one official SXSW showcase was last night at the Kama Lounge. It was Smitty's big night for the label and most of his bands were on the bill.

Hickoids went on after another brilliant set by the Beaumonts. I played sloppier than shit. Tom let everyone use his bass amp, but the only way it would fit was off the stage so half of it's speakers were aimed under us. I'd hit the E string it was too much low end and the whole stage would shake. When I went to the A and up I could barely hear a thing. I kinda got it dialed inish by the end of the set.

We had a lot of fun and the crowd was really in to it. We had a couple of hilarious/amazing stage moves that I won't even attempt to describe. You got to see it. The Hickoids are massive.

Breakdown

After we finished Troy Wayne gave me two beer tickets. Have I mentioned he is a very handsome man? Anyway two from Troy and two from the club I was sitting pretty.

Me and the Ladies tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment