Friday, March 22, 2013

3/21/13

300 years of punk rock tour day 1. Our first show was at Paradise Park in Amsterdam. I couldn't think of a better way to start things off.

We get there and they have a table up on the stage so we could be displayed while we ate. I had a crepe and beer! After food they moved the table and we set up the gear. Then found a "coffee" shop! Then drank more beer.

We had a pretty good crowd for a Thursday night. Loads of tall, good looking Dutch folks. Amsterdam is loaded with good looking people. I could move here...

The opener was great, local boys who knew what they were doing. Grannies were next. Tom is playing bass with them for the while tour. He held that shit down and sounded like he'd been with them for years.

We were last and whipped it. Kicking rock and roll ass does not need to be translated. People get it.

Breakdown

Lets see, they gave me three beers with dinner and ten chips for more free ones during the show.

I made two trips to the coffee shop to stock up on weed and hash.

Did I mention I could move here?

We rented two half stacks, a drum kit and an SVT. The guy threw in a spare bass head and and a guitar head and didn't charge is for them ("why would I charge you if the other one breaks?"). Can't argue with that.

Dusseldorf tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment