Monday, March 18, 2013

3/16/13

My last full day of SXSW. Two shows!

#1

Bigfoot Chester at the Grackle. Peelander Z asked us to play, we couldn't say no. Especially after Yellow kept calling us "Sexy Boys". It's impossible to say no to that.

There was some transportation issues so our set was pushed back a bit. I'm told that using an Austin Chronicle for a gas funnel is a bad move... I can believe it.

We were gonna play five songs, but they made us do one more! Is it an encore at that point? Or just a slightly extended set?

Run to the truck and dodge traffic to,


#2

Hickoids at the 04 lounge.

I'd never been there before, but like most people who have played in a band in Austin, I've practiced across the street at the Music Lab. I am so happy I don't do that anymore.

It's a pretty cool space. The "stage" is between the main area and the bathrooms so people have to walk right beside you to pee. It made for some comical moments at times.

We did our set and the weight was gone. Boom. SXSW was over (ok I went and saw the Meat Puppets that night) but there were no more shows for me!


Breakdown

Free Lone Star at the 04! And two free beers at the Grackle (more than enough for the hour and a half I was there).

I got to use backline bass rigs the whole fest! That saved me a ton of time and strain. Thanks Tony (and the Dog and Duck and Peelander Z)!

Europe next!

No comments:

Post a Comment