Saturday, March 23, 2013

3/22/13

Day 2, Dusseldorf.

I was robbed. We pulled up to the club (The Tube) to load in and I put my bag on the front seat because it looked vulnerable in the back. I shut the door and start moving gear inside. I made one trip and walked back outside and heard "Did anyone have anything in the front of that van?" I looked and my bag was gone. The GPS and two iPhones were still in the seat... Fuck.

The club owner, Alex and Dean (Grannies singer) and I went looking for it. We scoured the area checking under cars, in doorways and in trash bins. Eventually Dean found it in a doorway. Dean is my hero.

I did an inventory, my earbuds, ear plugs and weed was gone. But not my Harpo jacket, ties, cords, sunglasses or my $100 tuner.

Smart thieves.

When we first started walking around I was pretty bummed and pissed, but Alex started making jokes about how this crap happens all the time and I started calming down a little. We walked by a little canal and he told me "they drain this twice a year and they may find your bag in it. Your weed will be moldy and you might have a fish living in the bag, but I will get it to you". Pretty funny considering the circumstances.

Breakdown

Oh yeah, we played a show. We were the middle slot, Grannies played last. The Tube is a great little club. Dean is from Dusseldorf so a lot of people were out for him. Great crowd.

Six beer tickets each. I was drinking some local dark beer that was pretty incredible. The local beers are generally great over here. They beat the crap out of Lone Star.

Berlin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment