Thursday, May 16, 2013

5/14/13

Tuesday ay 8PM usually isn't the best time for a show. After it's booked your always thinking "No one will come, it's too early and a TUESDAY". That leads to thoughts of the club not wanting you back and other things you shouldn't be thinking if your gonna go rock.

Over the years I've done a pretty good job of keeping away from that kind of thinking. It's easier when your "just" the bass player and you didn't book the show. I didn't book this show either, but some of that thinking drifted in to my brain as I was driving downtown.

Red Eye Fly. I haven't played there in years. We were first of four on the bill and we got up and rocked it. When your thinking "I hope SOMEONE comes out" you are thrilled when twenty folks show up. You get even happier when some of the folks you told to come out actually do!

Breakdown

Two beer tickets each. Nice for an early Tuesday. The Ladies and I had a shot together before playing. I wasn't going to have one, but it looked really tasty when everyone else was gonna have one! I think I'm finally caving in to this peer pressure I've been hearing about...

No comments:

Post a Comment