Tuesday, May 7, 2013

5/4/13

Saturday night in Dallas, the big D. There were Gringos up there...

Hickoids made the drive separately. Smitty, Tom and Davy went up early in the freak to pick up some LPs from the Dallas pressing plant. Lance and I drove up later. Our time was filled with kolache and coffee.

We made it to Bryan Street Tavern in enough time for Tom to bully us into ordering our free pizza (apparently the Thai food he had three hours earlier wasn't holding him over). We ate and Graceland got up to play. They had a nice set, but they got into a little argument in the middle. Having been in SEVERAL bands that fought onstage (sometimes with fists) it was nice to see someone else do it.

We were next. I was sloppy and a little out of it. The two shows the night before, four hours of sleep, eight hours of work and a three and a half hour drive was knocking the crap out of me. Folks seemed happy with the show. I used Tubb's Orange rig and it's making me think about replacing mine. I am a gear whore.

Gringos go on playing the classics. They were kicking ass and I start dragging it. Lance and I head back to Austin early (lame, but needed). More kolache on the way home to

sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment