Thursday, May 30, 2013

5/26/13

Day four,

We made the drive to Marfa after an incredibly good and greasy breakfast in Midland. I drank a shitload of coffee and I was jacked up for the entire drive. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got to Padres, said howdy and loaded the gear in. Tonight the Hickoids are first. There are some concerns about the "language issue" with the Beaumonts... I wonder why?

Our set was short and a little underwhelming (at least from my end). It wasn't bad, just not great. It happens.

The Beaumonts were amazing. The sound guy, Hondo had never seen them before and I'd look over on occasion and see him behind the board, laughing his ass off. You really can't help it when you hear "Pour some wax on it baby". I dare you not to laugh (or be offended, but if offends you, should stay away from my blog). That was the reaction throughout most of the crowd, except for some folks who hightailed it after the first "fuck" was uttered. The Beaumonts are not for them.

We packed up and got paid, said our goodbys to the staff, our travel buddy's and Lance drove the eight hours home.

No comments:

Post a Comment