Saturday, May 18, 2013

5/16/13

My first time at the new Antone's. They did a really nice job with the place. Two stories, two bars (and most importantly) two coolers stocked with Lone Star tallboys for the bands. Iced beer! They STILL know how to treat bands here.

Hickoids were in the middle. Black Eyed Vermillion was first. The lineup was different from the last time I saw them (it seems to change a lot!). A couple of the Cunto fellas have joined and that's a very good thing. They held it down while Gary stomped and yelled all over the stage. They were louder than usual, but that makes them rowdier too, another good thing.

Our set felt quick to me, It wasn't, but it proves I have no concept of time when I'm playing. I'm always the person who thinks we've played twenty minutes more (or less) than we actually have... I need a soundman to keep me straight.

I borrowed Marcus's (from PP) rig. I'm liking the Orange gear more every time I use it. There may be a change in my future.

Pinata Protest was last. This was their record release and the crowd came out for the Protest. Loads of drunken people jumping around on the dance floor and having a great time. They always seem to bring the rock and roll beat down. It's expected at this point.

Breakdown

Two coolers of iced down Lone Star (a CASE of tallboys in each). And we got paid! Damn... one hell of a Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment