Friday, May 24, 2013

5/23/13

It's day one of the latest Hickoids mini-tour, four days with the Beaumonts. It's a themed tour, I don't really know what the theme is, but I know it has something to do with goats or sheep... We are starting off close to home and will end things up in Marfa on Sunday (we are told the livestock will be there, in force).

I know I've said it before, but I love spending the night in my bed on the first day of a tour... It's rock and roll, old man style!

We were in San Marcos at a former massage parlor know as the Tokyo Spa. They call it the Triple Crown now. Hickoids were first, we had a good set. Smitty's playing a lot of guitar at the top of the set. Energy wise we seem to start things off a little more subdued than usual, but we still bring the rock by the end of the set.

We did the Brontosaurs and that always makes me happy.

Beaumonts were on next. I didn't see them (work the next morning) but, I heard the top of the first song as I headed to my truck. Lame, I know, but I'll see PLENTY of them this weekend.

Ft Worth tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment