Saturday, May 4, 2013

5/3/13

Friday night in Hunter Texas, Yeah! Riley's Tavern has been around since 1933. It's like a lot of joints out in the country, cool as hell. I was playing twice (Ladies and Hickoids) and the Beaumonts were finishing things off.

The Ladies and I were on first. We are an excellent opener... and talented and lovely and...
We kicked some ass.

Hickoids were next. It was the calmest Hickoids set ever. Smitty is playing a lot of guitar and it cuts down on his ability to bounce around. It also saves me from getting fucked with continually, so it's not a bad thing.

I loaded up the truck and ran back inside to get drunk for the Beaumonts. God I love them. At midnight (during last call) the crowd was still pretty thick and they kept going, even after the soundman turned off the PA! Instrumental Ace of Spades. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment